Martvili Canyon tour in Georgia Country
Martvili Canyon – tour in Georgia Country, Day excursion to Martvili’s canyon starting from Tbilisi. In this tour package we will visit Prometheus caves, Trip to Vataplia caves and make a canyoning tour in Martvili Georgia. whole Distance for day tour is 600 km. Find tour package
Martvili is located in Samegrelo region, Western Georgia, 280km from Tbilisi. The Martvili Canyon is a natural wonder. It used to be a bath place for Georgian Nobles, Dadiani family. Now it represents a touristic site. People visit it to enjoy the scenery, its waterfalls and take a boat trip in the river with deep green color. Visitors can enjoy 300-meter boat tour on river Abasha and beautiful views of mountain river canyon.
Taking walking or boat tours at Martvili Canyon tourists can explore the Dadianis’ Path, mountain river gorge, limestone natural bridges, overview platforms, waterfalls, XIX century water mill, fossil shells of nautiluses and sea urchins.
- Due to visitors’ safety boat tour is not allowed in rainy and snowy weather
- Tourist season at Martvili Canyon lasts all year around, hot season is from April to October.
- While visiting boating route, visitor height must be more than 1meter
- Visitors participate in rowing the boat
- It is possible to place 6 people in the boat
- Tourists are recommended to be casually dressed, wear sport shoes.For safety of visitors and maintenance of the Natural Monument following activities are not allowed while moving on the trail:
- Use trail after the working hours
- Climb, sit and lean upon the banister
- Run and Jump on the trail, bridges and viewpoints
- Load bridges and viewpoints with more than 10 people at a time
- Allow children under 14 unattended to use the trail